1. Download the Facebook SDK from https://developers.facebook.com/docs/android/
2. Unzip the archive and choose “Import Module” from the File menu.
3. In the wizard, set the source path of the module to import as the “facebook” directory inside the unpacked archive.
4. In the “build.gradle” within Facebook module, add the following on top:
5. Then open “module settings” of your project, go to “dependencies” tab, click on “+”, “module dependency” and select imported Facebook module.
6. gradle resync.
That should be it.
These instructions are based on the following stackoverflow posts and my own personal experience: